Reb Zusya, an early Hassidic rabbi, is known to have said:
“In the world to come, I shall not be asked, ‘Why were you not Moses?’
I shall instead be asked,
‘Why were you not Zusya?”
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
― Dr. Seuss
You are special. Be you.
- Yes, it’s risky (you will be judged)
- Yes, it takes courage (you know you’re not perfect)
- Yes, you’re exposed (because you are different)
- Yes, it’s threatening (you have your opinions)
- Yes, it’s embarrassing (you have your style)
- Yes, it’s scary (you will be liberated)
- Yes, it’s stressful (you will change things)
- Yes, it’s __________ (because ____________) (Hit the “leave a reply” link below!)
But, really; isn’t all that just a walk in the park compared to having to answer the question that Zusya imagines having to answer?
Why were you not you?