You are my horn of plenty.
Here, a beginning of a list, incomplete to be sure, of things big and little, that I’ve learned from all of you.
Some are just expressions that I’ve co-opted. Others are lessons that struck me as foundational.
They’ve provoked my thinking. Changed my behavior. Even inspired blog posts.
All of them have influenced.
* * * * *
- From Gary: “You bet” (said matter of factly).
- From Prutha: “Pretenders.”
- From Sue: Training is the right answer when there is a knowledge and/or skills gap.
- From Eileen: “Saywhatnow?” 🙂
- From Mark: “The beatings will continue until morale improves.”
- Holly: Real life defensive routines.
- From Chris: Personality: innate or developed? (I recall those conversations very fondly…)
- From a manager at Sears whose name I don’t recall: Skill or will.
- From Matthew: Plan | Schedule | Execute and Manage the numbers;Lead the people
- From Jim: Disagree; don’t disobey.
- From Chuck: Engineering; UPS-style.
- From Kasey: How to work a room. (I’ll never forget that performance!)
- From an OD consultant, presenting to my Masters class, can’t remember her name!: “A successful intervention that failed.”
- From Simona: Domain | Functional | Leadership.
- From Rich: Prescience. (You’ve got it! What’s emerging now?) and Courage, to experience new things, to stretch beyond comfort zones, to put yourself out there.
- From Suzanne: Everybody needs to tell somebody.
- From John: SCORM. (But I still don’t know what it is!)
- From Laura (and Don): Systems thinking. Action Science. Argyris. Productive Reasoning. Stock and Flow diagramming. (Amazing that we only actually worked together for a few months. It was my professional renaissance.)
- From Mike: “Terrific.”
- From Mark: Right and wrong was derived from early social dynamics.
- From Ivan: Empirical.
- From Dan: Libertarianism.
- From Jamie: Empathy. Tolerance.
- From Neda: Optics.
- From Dennis: “So What?”
- From Erik: Blogging! (I will forever be grateful. I feel I have found my voice.)
* * * * *
(What will I learn from you tomorrow?)